CRM is a hot concept, and rightly so. The acronym stands for Customer Relationship Management system.
Typical CRM functions include:
- Capturing leads from your web site
- Assigning leads for followup
- Tracking information and opportunities that present
- Calendaring to make sure that contacts are made
- Email list management
The CRM system will help you and your staff ensure that everyone has up to date information about your current and future customers, and that everyone works together smoothly to provide a positive customer experience.
Other functions may include:
- basic document management
- a "dashboard" overview screen
- mail merge
- mapping of leads and contacts
We recommend Intelestream's implementations of SugarCRM , a web-server based solution, with the attendant ease of deployment, and convenience of being able to work from anywhere that there is an Internet connection
We find that Intelestream consistently offers superior features at lower cost.
There is also free online training at the Sugar University .